Tuesday, May 17, 2005

A Birthday Ode

Hey Mihika! Happy Birthday
wishes to you I send,
I am sorry, I'm not yet
rich enough to spend.

So I send u lots of love
This 21st of May,
Go Party! Have lots of fun!
on this special day.

They'll say,"You aren't a kid anymore,
and seriously ought to,
be serious, and all grown up"
(Heck- Just read Harry Potter!)

For the b'day gifts you'll get today,
Do thank one and all,
For the big ones give many thanks,
and fewer for the small.

And if u ever wonder how did Dada
write this corny rhyme,
google helped me; and a drink
2 parts vodka, one part lime.

- May 21, 2003

3 comments:

mindless_ramblings... said...

well hello Aditya 'DANTE',

your poetic side rhymes as well!!
And i really loved the last bit!
Cheers to that!


Ata, on a different note,
How are your parents?
Bore nako karu tyana, with all your nutty jokes..
Did u flaunt the univ enuff?
I surely did.
ok chal take care and have fun!

Aadil said...

thanks! I did flaunt the univ.. u had 2 univs to flaunt tho ;)

Aai was so excited by the school of music ka castle that she enquired there about summer courses and all!!
(of course, only after i told her i get remitted tuiton benefits ;) )

Anonymous said...

Hey Dada! nice to know you wrote me a bday poem although i read it after 2 months :) see you soon!